Monday, November 19, 2012

Weight loss (or the lack there of)

I need something fast that doesn't include fasting. I hate the way my body looks lately--- the giggle that my thighs made today made me shiver at the thought of being nekked. Especially makes me worry about what my poor husband has to be seeing as I disrobe! The dark- she is my friend!!

I have done Weight Watchers. It is complicated- I know, I know. They've tried to make it as simple as possible what with the "points" system, but I hate carrying around a book or logging in to my phone every time I put a bite in my mouth. Then, the whole concept of saving points till I need to splurge--- let's just say, I don't have points left over to splurge with! I DO like the idea that I can eat what ever I want. But I guess I can't have 2 pieces of Pizza Hut Meat Lovers pizza AND the cinnastix in the same day unless I eat NOTHING else all day long. Not my idea of a good diet.

We did the HCg diet that Dr. Oz has a strong opinion about- he still hasn't decided that it's a good or a bad diet. I can say this- if you can't give yourself an injection, don't waste your time or money on the "under the tongue" sublingual drops. They just take too long! The injections really do work so long as you stick to the diet that Dr. Simeons prescribes. But that's the problem for me. I see that peanut butter and jelly sandwich that my baby boy has only half eaten and left on his plate. And I just can't resist the sticky and sweet spread between two honey wheat sitting on that Mickey Mouse plate! The diet Dr. Simeons prescribes includes one of about 20 vegetable choices, 100 g of very lean meat, and a handful of fruit or an apple or orange. Twice a day. Coffee for breakfast. For 40 days. It is the longest 40 days I've ever lived. I can imagine poor Noah and his family and their diet those 40 days and nights on the arc and believe it couldn't be worse than this diet!

Adkins, South Beach, and other fad diets are a way for me to lose about 10 pounds then gain 20. I suppose I could get off my butt and exercise, but the last time I did that (back in July) I broke my heel doing jumping jacks! However, I do have a will to get this weight off. A goal that I've made is to run/walk the Color Run in Fondren this March during the Zippity-Doo-Dah weekend to raise money for the "chirren" of the Blair Batson hospital. And if I get to the point where I can do that, I suppose my giggly thighs will be pretty enough to wear my costume to march in the parade!

No comments:

Post a Comment