Sunday, April 1, 2012

Birthdays

We've had several celebrations this week, the least being my passing of another year. 37. It has been 19 years since I turned 18. Do you ever think in those terms? I can't seem not to. I consider all the things I wanted to do and what I've actually accomplished. Let's just say this: I never got to join the Peace Corps, I never got my master's degree, and I still haven't blasted off into space as an astronaut. Ok, that last one was left behind as a dream when I was in 7th grade, but only because I found put astronauts had to be in peak physical condition and I had trouble running a mile in gym class.

So what have I done since high school? I do have a college degree, I did get started on a career using it (unlike several friends I know). I have had several loves, eventually falling in love with my husband, marrying, having babies with him. We are homeowners, something fewer people can boast about these days. I have modern toys, a pool in the backyard, and enough that we can go out to dinner once or twice a week. I have a few great friends, many good friends.

Birthdays make me consider all my blessings. Thank you, Lord, for blessing me! I'll try to remember all of these things when I want to complain about a First World problem later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment